0-60mph in 2.8 seconds
“we did it because we could”
Tiger Z100 twin engineThe first Tiger Z100 twin engine rear wheel drive car was designed from the outset to break the world 0-60mph record, held by a Ford RS200 rally car at 3.09 seconds.
This twin engine installation Tiger was fitted with twin ZX9 Kawasaki carburettor models and was timed by satellite at 3.10 seconds. The last Z100 rear wheel drive was fitted with more powerful twin GSXR 1000 Suzuki injected engines for even better results.
Most have now seen Tiff Needell officially break the world record with this car on TV’s 5th gear programme at 2.9 seconds. This same Tiger Z100WR (managed by Motec) was also timed by satellite at 2.8 seconds.
The chassis is basically an R6 chassis, but with extra bracing to handle the massively increased BHP.
Although this model is no longer available from Tiger, we have still included it in this brochure to illustrate the levels of technical excellence and performance that Tiger can achieve. It is the experience gained in reaching these engineering milestones that make Tiger cars what they are!
- Z100 Twin ZX9 Kawasaki carburettor engine.
- Rear wheel drive 0-60 in 3.10 seconds
- Z100 Twin GSXR 1000 Suzuki injected engine.
- Rear wheel drive (Not Timed)
- Z100WR Twin GSXR 1000 Suzuki engine.
- Four wheel drive 0-60 in 2.9 seconds (2.8 secs. unofficial)
SPECIFICATION – Z100
- Model / type R6 chassis SA9R
- Chassis 90% round tube space frame,powder coated
- Body GRP with carbon, wings carbon
- Engine GSXR 1000 Suzuki (x 2)
- Transmission Bike sequential with bespoke
- Tiger transfer box including reverse
- Steering Rack and pinion 2.5 turns
- Brakes Disc front and rear
- Suspension Front double wishbone, rear de-
- Dion. Adjustable shocks all corners
- Front track 1320mm
- Rear track 1470mm
- Wheel base 2250mm
- Overall length 3150mm
- Weight 550kgs
- Wheels 7inch x 15inch Alloy
- Tyres 205-50-15, option 225 rear
**Z100 Models no longer Made**