ERA30 – ERA – English Racing Automobiles
The ERA 30 takes its design inspiration from the Lotus 23 although the car has been designed to be slightly larger with wider tyres and bigger brakes. In fact, the front end is more like the Lotus 30 than a 23. For those who do not remember the Lotus 23, it dominated the racing scene in the early sixties beginning with Jim Clark’s win in April 1963 in the British Empire Trophy at Oulton Park circuit.
The ERA30 is so named because it is only 30 inches from the ground to the top of the screen. With its bullet like aerodynamics, this ERA cuts the air effortlessly. With only a standard 1800cc Zetec with twin 45 side draught carburettors and Weber Alpha management, it gives outstanding acceleration, top speed and handling. Other engines can be fitted.
Standard Road Specification ERA30 Fitted with the 1800cc Ford Zetec 0-60mph = approx 4.82secs 50-70mph = approx 1.98secs 50-100mph = approx 6.78secs
SPECIFICATION – ERA 30
- Model / type ERA 30
- Chassis 90% round and square
- lightweight tube space frame,powder coated
- Body Lightweight GRP with carbon,wings carbon
- Engine Ford Zetec 1.8ltr, 2ltr and others
- Transmission Mk 9 Hewland 5 speed Historic
- Steering Rack and pinion 2.2 turns
- Brakes Disc front, disc rear, optional alloy calipers on the front Suspension
- Front double wishbone, rear wishbones with trailing arms.
- Adjustable shocks all corners
- Front track 1325mm
- Rear track 1350mm
- Wheel base 2330mm
- Overall length 3560mm
- Weight 575kgs
- Wheels Superlite 15inch Alloy
- Tyres 205-50-15
FOR PRICES OF THE ERA 30 FITTED WITH AUDI ENGINE & BOX IN KIT OR FACTORY BUILT. GO TO MAIN PAGE AND CLICK ON PRICELIST. THIS BRINGS UP FULL PAGE OF ALL PDF PRICES.