The Tiger R6 is one of Tiger’s top models and the vast majority of them are built for normal road use.
However, this is a car that is capable of such awesome performance and superb handling that, if required, with a few safety upgrades such as a full cage, it can be used on the track. Over the years, the R6 has gained an enviable reputation and has become a highly successful race car in many varied track events.
Such is the ability of this car in competition, that it even has its own race series. (click here to go to racing page).
The R6 shown is a normal road registered car with twin hoops instead of a single hoop roll bar and with full windscreen. Aero screens can be fitted as an option.
SPECIFICATION – R6
- Model / type R6 chassis SA9R
- Chassis 90% round tube space frame,powder coated
- Body Light GRP / cloth
- Engine Ford Zetec or Ford Duratec.
- Others can be fitted.
- Transmission Ford type 9 straight cut box or standard 5sp box
- Steering Rack and pinion 2.2 turns
- Brakes Disc front, drum rear, option disc rear
- Suspension Front double wishbone, rear de-Dion.
- Adjustable shocks all corners
- Front track 1320mm
- Rear track 1470mm
- Wheel base 2250mm
- Overall length 3150mm
- Weight 570kgs
- Wheels 7inch x 15inch Alloy